- guitar kits
- acoustic guitars
- machineheads (tuning keys)
The Landola guitars brand was established by the Mattson Brothers in Jakobstad, Finland in 1942. Their first factory-made guitar was launched after the end of the Second World War in 1946. Their company was originally called Munkers. In the following years the company changed names and ownership, but its customers always knew it as Landola.
The 1950s saw stiff competition from other European / Scandinavian guitar brands, but Landola managed to flourish. Production at the factory was nearly 3000 guitars per year during the early 1950s. In the sixties the company participated for the first time in the Frankfurt Music Fair. The success Landola had at the fair pushed the company to start its export to United States, Canada and Europe.
The seventies and eighties was a challenging time for European guitar builders with cheaply manufactured instruments from South East Asian guitar makers putting a strain on the Scandinavian guitar market. While other Scandinavian guitar manufacturers went out off business, the Landola brand remained.
In the 1990s the company launched a considerable research and development program to ensure the high quality of Landola products. The new century came with large investments made in production facilities. This guarantees a smoothly working production process and the innovative ThermoTonewood® Treatment. New products were introduced, like bass and jumbo guitars, a small bodied ragtime guitar and a mandolin.
In 2006 Jan Noromies formed the Aksbej Ab Oy company that in the beginning of 2007 took over the Landola brand.