- bass guitars
- electric guitars
Burns-Weill was a partnership in the late 1950s between UK guitar maker Jim Burns and amplifier maker Henry Weill. Burns was responsible for the woodwork and Weill supplied the pickups and electronics. Distributed under the 'Burns-Weill' brand, these guitars instruments were the first to bear Jim Burn's name. The Burns-Weill range included both budget and professional quality models. There were three solid body electric guitars together with matching basses. The Burns-Weill partnership ended when Burns set up his own company, Ormston Burns Ltd, in 1959. Weill continued to make revised versions of the Burns-Weill instruments, but under the Fenton-Weill brand name.