- acoustic guitars
Carl Fischer Music was established in 1872, when Carl Fischer opened a musical instrument repair shop in the East Village neighbourhood of New York. He also sold music and imported musical instruments from Europe. Over the following years the business expanded, eventually moving into a new headquarters in Cooper Square, Manhattan in 1926. From the 1920s to 1950s Carl Fischer sold guitars, most likely made by the big Chicago manufacturers like Harmony.