- acoustic guitars
Carl (1867-1946) and August Larson (1873-1944) emigrated to Chicago in the late 1880s from Sweden. They worked for various Chicago guitar makers before buying Maurer & Company in 1900 when Robert Maurer retired. They established a workshop on Elm Street, and sold their guitars directly to the public. Their guitars were sold under the Maurer brand name but also as Euphonon, Prairie State, Stetson and Stahl. Larson Brothers flat-top acoustic guitars were popular with recording artists as their clear tone was well suited to the radio.
In 2013 the Larson brand name was revived for a range of acoustic guitars by Maurice Dupont in Boutier Saint-Trojan, France.