- acoustic guitars
The Le Domino line of instruments was made in Chicago by J.R. Stewart from 1926 to 1930 and included ukuleles, banjos and guitars. JR Stewart had worked for Harmony in the 1920s before starting his own business in 1925. In 1928 Stewart bought the rights to manufacture Washburn instruments from Lyon and Healy. The best known Le Domino instruments are the banjo-ukuleles which had inlaid dominos in a circle on the back of the resonator, the sides of the rim, and the fingerboard. Tonk Bros bought the Le Domino brand in 1930 when JR Stewart went bankrupt but soon sold it on to Regal who made Le Domino instruments for a while.