- electric guitars
- acoustic guitars
- bass guitars
- orchestral string instruments
- double bass
In 1919 Stanley, Leslie and Charles Rose formed a partnership which they called Rose Brothers at 16 Rosoman Street,Clerkenwell London's. They later joined with Alfred Victor Morris to form the Rose, Morris & Company. Initially dealing in toys and trinkets especially harmonicas. Their range of merchandise continued grow covering the entire 'small goods' field as well as some smaller instruments.
In 1932 Rose, Morris & Co aquired John Grey and Sons Ltd along with their small instrument factory. Rose, Morris & Co started small scale manufacture of uke-banjos and banjos. Small numbers of guitars was produced later - large bodied acoustic models with the name 'Kruna'. These were sprayed in the Gramophone shop downstairs. Soon, more space was needed for the activities of the warehouse, and they established a new factory.
By 1953 Rose Morris occupied a large complex of buildings at 83-85 and 79-81 Paul Street, EC2, and for the first time in nearly twenty years. In 1957 there was surging demand for guitars and drums due to Rock and-Roll, In 1960 the shares of Rose, Morris and Co were acquired by Grampian Holdings Limited, a Scottish based holding company with interests in a wide range of commercial and industrial activities. In 1964 Rose, Morris & Co moved its headquarters to 32-34 Gordon House Road, London, NW5, became the new home of Rose, Morris and Co., Ltd. The company changed its name to Rose-Morris.
During the 1970s Rose-Morris they sourced instruments from suppliers to sell under their own brand names including the Shaftesbury brand.