- chorus effects
- distortion effects
- fuzz effects
- overdrive and boost effects
- tremolo and vibrato effects
ThorpyFX is a family run boutique effects pedal business located in Wiltshire, England. The company was founded in 2014 by Major Adrian Thorpe MBE, after a full career in the British Army. ThorpyFX released their first product in 2015. According to their website, their design and manufacturing ethos means ThorpFX pedals should:
- Sound as good as they can possibly sound. During development ThorpyFX pedals are benchmarked against the leading competition and tailored to beat them in all areas.
- Use only the best components available such as Wima and Panasonic capacitors, 1% metal film resistors, Audiophile grade Op-Amps and gold plated PCB's.
- Use the best quality 3PDT footswitch available, rated for many many cycles and with a smooth action. These are costly to use but quality doesn't come cheap.
- Use robust construction techniques such as off-board wired (Neutrik) Jacks and Switches to remove physical stress on the PCB.
- Integrate protection circuitry to reduce the potential for damage from incorrect power inputs.
- Use a custom built, gig-ready enclosure designed to look great and be built like the proverbial outhouse.
- Be something you are proud to own and proud to use for many years to come.
ThorpyFX also make Barefoot Buttons - which fit over other manufacturers' effects pedal switches to make them more comfortable to use (especially if you play in bare feet).