The Landola guitars brand was established by the Mattson Brothers in Jakobstad, Finland in 1942. Their first factory-made guitar was launched after the end of the Second World War in 1946. Their company was originally called Munkers. In the following years the company changed names and ownership, but its customers always knew it as Landola.
The 1950s saw stiff competition from other European / Scandinavian guitar brands, but Landola managed to flourish. Production at the factory was nearly 3000 guitars per year during the early 1950s. In the sixties the company participated for the first time in the Frankfurt Music Fair. The success Landola had at the fair pushed the company to start its export to United States, Canada and Europe.