PRESS RELEASE: Guitar nation is a two day music festival of performances, demonstrations, seminars and cutting edge debates for guitarists and musicians serious about music. It brings together the people who make the industry happen; world class musicians, band managers, top producers, media professionals, music industry guru’s and many more.
Guitar Nation will get musicians closer to music and its industry than ever before. A broad variety of master classes, tutorials, seminars, performances and forums are planned, covering a wide range of hard hitting topics in a fun, innovative and creative environment.
Master classes and seminars already confirmed are:
- Guitar God Steve Vai’s Only UK appearance in 2010 : Making it in the Music Industry
- Iron Maiden’s Nicko McBrain : Touring the world with Iron Maiden
- Toto’s Steve Lukather : masterclass with Grammy award winning guitarist
- Bernie Marsden : ex-Whitesnake guitarists killer blues workshop
- Phil Hilborne : How to become a session musician
- Guy Pratt (Pink Floyd) and guests : My bass and other animals
- Ace (Skunk Anansie) : The ultimate guide to guitar effects
- Ruta Sepetys (manager Steve Vai, Desmond Childs) : The new most important power in music: what to expect from your manager, advice and discussion panel.
- Meet Jon Morter (Founder of Rage Against the Machine to number 1 campaign ) : What's next in social networking media
- John Webster (CEO, Music Managers Forum; founder, Mercury Music Prize) presents Meet the bookers : an insight into the inside of the live music industry.
- Total Production magazine Editor Mark Cunningham present series of hard hitting debates with top MI professionals
- ‘Meet the Men Behind the Glass’…Youth - uber-producer (U2/ The Verve ), composer and bassist with seminal post-punk rockers Killing Joke : See how he makes music and talks about the role of the producer in the creative process.
- Earn a living without record company support with Barry Martin ( The Hamsters )
The festivals mission is to empower musicians, help them make a living from music and improve their playing. Issues covered include making money as a songwriter, planning your first tour, how publishing works as well as innovations in music technology; the depth and breadth of what you can learn will be truly invaluable.
Guitar Nation is a consumer conference giving the public seamless access to musicians and experts in a way they could only ever dream about.
For further information and news updates see www.guitarnation2010.com and for ticket information
contact Clive Morton [email protected] on 01572 757 775