- acoustic guitars
Klemm and Brothers were importers, manufacturers and wholesale dealers of musical instruments. Klemm & Brothers first shop was established in 1819 in Philadelphia by John George Klemm, selling instruments made in Germany by the Klemm family. John was joined by his brother Frederick. They opened a piano factory in 1825 and by 1838 were also making bugles. The Klemm Brothers supplied CF Martin with machine heads and strings in the 1860s and also sold Martin's guitars. Fredrick's sons John and Edward joined the family firm but by 1900 their instrument import & distribution business appears to have closed.
Source: Klemm and Brother guitar label
Source: Klemm history
Source: C.F. Martin & His Guitars, 1796-1873. By Philip F. Gura. 2003